4th of July Chia Seed Pudding with Strawberry Puree
Happy Independence Day, good ole US of A! This chia pudding is downright delicious. Chia Seeds + hemp seeds + coconut milk + a strawberry mint puree + blueberries. YUM! This is so good and perfect for a spirited 4th. Extra credit for any healthy dessert/appetizer/snack doubles as patriotic table decor, too, amiright? BOOM!
What You'll Need
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
1/2 teaspoon stevia or 1/2 tablespoon honey
vanilla bean powder, a dash
6 medium strawberries
1/4 cup blueberries
5 mint leaves
What You'll Need To Know
1. Pour 1 cup of almond milk in a cup or Mason Jar.
2. Add the chia seeds, vanilla and hemp seeds and stir vigorously. Let sit and stir vigorously in 20 minutes.* If you don't stir, the chia seeds will just form a large clump on the bottom.
3. Place in the fridge overnight.**
4. Place the strawberries and 4 mint leaves in a food processor and blend until smooth.
5. Add the strawberry puree to the chia seed cup or jar.
6. Top with blueberries and enjoy!
* If you are crunched on time, you can skip the second stir and just stir vigorously when you are ready to eat it.
** Chia Seed Pudding is ready to eat after 2 hours, but gets thicker over.
Makes 2 servings.