Sweet Potato Noodles..Ya That's A Thing!
Sweet Potato Zoodles... Ya that's a thing! Let's be real here, pumpkin and sweet potatoes are the mascots of Fall. Am I right? So, why not make a season favorite into foodie trend staple? Sweet Potato Noodles, anyone? This recipe is super delicious and easy to make.
What You'll Need
2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
1/2 cup roasted corn
1 red pepper, chopped
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon cumin
5-ounce chopped Tuscan kale
What You'll Need To Know
1. Boil a large pot of water over high heat.
2. Using a spiral vegetable slicer or julienne vegetable peeler, cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into long, thin strands. You should have about 12 cups of "noodles."
3. Cook the sweet potatoes in the boiling water, gently stirring once or twice, until just starting to soften but not completely tender, 1 1/2 to 3 minutes.
4. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking water, then drain. Return the noodles to the pot, off the heat.
5. Combine sweet potato noodles, corn, red pepper, pumpkin seeds and salt and the reserved water in a bowl and pour over the noodles and gently toss with tongs until evenly coated.
6. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add kale and cook for 6 minutes, stirring often, until the liquid has evaporated. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add sweet potato noodle mix and season with paprika and cumin.
7. Serve and top with a fresh pepper!
Recipe makes 5-6 ervings.