Talk about a veggie overload! 😍😋 This bowl didn't stand a chance at lunch yesterday. I basically inhaled it fast than air. It's loaded with veggies and topped with a fried egg for a protein punch. This healthy Veggie Overload Bowl with sweet potato, spinach, and zoodles is the perfect winter dinner dish or as leftovers to take for lunch the next day. The flavors of the roasted sweet potato and sauteed spinach and zoodles really take this bowl to the next level.
What You'll Need
3 cups baby spinach
2 zucchinis, zoodled
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon coriander
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
sea salt, to taste
finishing salt (I used San Francisco Salt Co. lemon rosemary salt)
What You'll Need To Know
1. Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the sweet potato, 1/2 tablespoon of oil, coriander, cumin, smoked paprika, and sea salt in a bowl and toss to combine. Transfer to the prepared baking tray.
3. Cook the sweet potato for 30 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender and a skewer can easily pierce the sweet potato. When ready, remove from oven and set aside.
4. In a skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil over medium heat and add onion. Cook until translucent and fragrant, and add zoodles, spinach and seas salt and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add the sweet potato and mix well.
5. In a second nonstick skillet, heat up 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil over medium-low heat and fry egg. Cook until the white is opaque and the yolk has set, about 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Plate with the veggie mix and top with a fried egg.
Recipe makes 6 servings.