You're going to love this Turmeric Chicken recipe! It's an excellent source of lean meat for the week. The lightness of white meat turkey mixed with a combination of ground chicken and turmeric creates a tasty and healthy meat dish.
Turmeric's warm flavor, along with its numerous benefits -- it's an anti-inflammatory and can boost norepinephrine, dopamine, and serotonin in your body. -- makes this dish all the more nutritious and comforting. Plus, the addition of bone broth will add a boost of collagen and help boost your immune system.
Turmeric Chicken with Zoodles
(GLUTEN-FREE, PALEO, WHOLE30)
Makes 4 servings.
What You'll Need
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup onion, minced
1 lb ground chicken
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp herbs de Provence
1/2 tsp Smoked sea salt
1/4 tsp fresh-ground black pepper
1 tbsp turmeric (I used MRM brand*)
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp coriander
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup shiitake mushrooms, cut in halves
2 tbsp coconut aminos
4 medium zucchini, zoodled
4 tbsp Pine nuts
* MRM brand use promo code 'valerie' for 40% off your MRM order!
What You'll Need To Know
1. Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté onions until fragrant and translucent. Add in chicken. Break the chicken into chunks with a wooden spoon or metal spatula.
2. Add 1/4 cup bone broth, shiitake, turmeric, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and coconut aminos.
3. Continue to break up the turkey into small pieces as you stir all ingredients together. Cook for 4 minutes.
4. Add remaining 1/4 cup bone broth, and cook for another 4 minutes.
5. Allow to cool. Plate zoodles and top with Turmeric Chicken mixture and garnish with 1 tbsp pine nuts for each plate.
Valerie is a San Francisco native who gave up the comforts of home to travel the world continuously. Now based in Portland, OR, Valerie is a Social Media Marketing Consultant, helping solo entrepreneurs and small business owners DIY their social media by teaching them the in’s and out’s of SMM. She enjoys health hacking recipes, a good cocktail, yoga, hikes, live shows, puns & dad jokes.