This kaleaidejuice has been my daily ritual the last two years or so. I can't get enough of this kale green, lemony, yet subtle sweet libation. I've made a lot of different green juices, but I had never used celery as the base. It's about 95% water, so it makes perfect sense to juice it. Also, I was reading one of my juicing books the other day, and apparently celery juice is a nutritional powerhouse. It's loaded with potassium, folic acid, magnesium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and essential amino acids. On top of all that, it's one of the most alkalizing things you can put in your body, and the essential oils in it help to regulate and calm the nervous system.
What You'll Need:
1 bunch celery 1 bunch lacinato kale leaves 1 big handful of parsley leaves 1 lemon (or 1 lime) 2 small to medium apples (I used Fuji apples) 1 tablespoon Bee Pollen (optional) 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (optional) Tools: A juicer or a Vitamix
Aside from the celery, I throw in a huge handful of parsley, a kale leaves, a lemon (or a lime), apple slices, and a sprinkle of bee pollen. Oh, and a bit of ginger, if I feel like spicing it up with this aromatic. The bee pollen doesn't add much flavor to the Kaleaide, but by itself it has a sweet taste. Whole Foods and natural health foods shops carry bee pollen in the refrigerated section, where one can generally find Fish Oil. My local Whole Foods Market carries a wide variety of brands, but I prefer buying local bee pollen from Northern California.
A few reasons to drink up:
- Bee Pollen is a powerhouse superfood. It contains all the essential components of life, rich in proteins, free amino acids, vitamins, including B-complex, and folic acid.
- Lemons and limes are powerful cleansers and full of Vitamin C.
- Parsley is another potent cleanser, and packed with antioxidants, beta carotene, chlorophyll, essential fatty acids, iron, B vitamins, vitamin K, and vitamin E.
- Ginger fights inflammation, boosts the immune system, and soothes the digestive tract.
- Kale has more calcium than milk.
Do yourself a favor and try this juice. It's the perfect fuel in the morning. Your body will thank you.
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 bunch kale leaves
- 1 big handful of parsley leaves
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 2 small to medium apples (I used Fuji apples)
- 1 Tablespoon Bee Pollen
- fresh ginger (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a juicer or vitamix, and enjoy.