#GlutenFree Banana Protein Pancakes
Let's talk about pancakes for a sec. They are the champ of breakfast and an all-time favorite. Fluffy, light, buttery and delicious... and generally not gluten free! I'm sure most of you have seen banana pancakes all over Instagram and Pinterest, have tried them or have heard how delicious they are. I've adapted this recipe from Tone It Up and have hacked it a bit.The key to the perfect protein pancake is to cook them slow and low! Want these bad boys fluffy? Add baking powder and a bit of almond flour to them.
If you follow me on Instagram, You'll know how much I hate the taste of bananas. So, adding different spices like cinnamon and vanilla...and even protein powder, helped to minimize the bananay taste.
What You'll Need
1 scoop protein (I used VegaOne)
1 banana, mashed
2 large pastured eggs, room temperature
1 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
a dash of sea salt
2 tablespoons blanched almond flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
coconut oil cooking spray
Butter, maple syrup, or blueberries, to serve
What You'll Need To Know
1. In a mixing bowl, crack the eggs and add in baking powder, protein, sea salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and almond flour. And whisk to combine.
2. In another bowl add in banana with almond milk before stirring in remaining ingredients.
3. Lightly mash with a potato masher or a fork, but not too much. There should be chunks of bananas to make fluffy pancakes. Stir in egg mixture and mix well.
4. Spray pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-low before pouring in batter. Flip when ready. Serve immediately when hot.
- The key to the perfect protein pancake is to cook them slow and low!
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of batter is enough for each mini pancake.
- You can also sub the eggs for Flax-Egg (1 egg = 1 tbsp flax + 2 tbsp warm water)
Recipe makes 2 pancakes.