Banana Walnut Donuts
Healthy donuts... sounds like an oxymoron, right? These Banana Walnut Donuts are insanely good!! If you love banana bread, then you'll love these. They have so many good-for-you ingredients like coconut oil, oats, and Vital Proteins Pasture-Raised Collagen Peptides which is basically the fountain of youth! Yes, babe! If you want to feel and look young, collagen is your winning secret. Taken daily, up to 12 weeks, clinical studies support that regular intake of collagen improves the basic skin condition and structure.
What You'll Need
1 cup oat flour
3/4 cup gluten free oats
1/4 coconut flour
3.5 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 sea salt
1 flax egg (or 1 egg)
2 tbsp honey or 1/2 tbsp stevia
2-3 ripe bananas
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
1 scoop vanilla plant based protein
1 scoop collagen peptides, vanilla
1/4 cup crushed walnuts
1 tbsp ground flax seeds
2 tbsp water
What You'll Need To Know
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Whisk 1 tbsp ground flax seeds and 2 tbsp water in a small bowl to make a flax egg. (or use 1 egg and skip this step.) combine 1 cup oat flour, 3/4 cup gluten free oats, 1/4 coconut flour, 3.5 tsp baking powder, 1 tbsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/8 sea salt, 1 scoop vital farms collagen peptides, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (i used perfect fit) and mix well.
In a high-speed blender add 2 tbsp honey (or 1/2 tbsp stevia), 2-3 ripe bananas, 2 tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 cup almond milk and blend up for about 20-30 sec.
3. Pour mixture and combine with dry ingredients and add in the flax egg (or egg) and stir together until any lumps are gone. fold in 1/4 cup walnuts.
4. Use a coconut oil cooking spray to lightly grease two donut baking dish molds.
5. Pour batter evenly about 75% full, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until done. if it seems a little undercooked, continue baking for 3 minute increments until it's dry on the edges.
6. When ready let cool, then sprinkle with cinnamon and a dash of coconut sugar.
Makes 12 servings.