Umami Prosciutto Baked Eggs (Gluten-Free, Paleo, Whole30)
Something magical happened this morning. 🙆🏻😋😍🎉 And if you watched my IG stories, you know exactly what I'm talking about. If I could describe this magic in one word: UMAMI.
This delicious brunch dish was inspired by Chrissy Teigen’s spicy tomato skillet eggs. Sometimes, you've got to work with the ingredients you have on hand. This dish as all the good stuff... roasted garlic, sun dried tomatoes, prosciutto, eggs. Fun fact I learned the other day… sun dried tomatoes offer up that umami taste. Which is where the umami magic comes from in this dish.
What You'll Need
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 cup spinach
1 tbsp sun dried tomatoes
1 tbsp roasted garlic (
1/2 cup tomato sauce (I used Cucina Antica Tomato Basil Sauce)
2 slices of prosciutto
2 pasture raised eggs
San Francisco Salt Co Black Truffle
2 fresh basil leaves, chopped
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
What You'll Need To Know
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F. While the oven is heating, heat 1/2 tbsp coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup chopped onions and cook until translucent.
2. Next add 1 cup spinach, 1 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, and roasted garlic (I got mine at the olive bar at Whole Foods), season with sea salt and pepper and cook until the spinach is wilted.
3. In an oven safe bowl or large ramekin, add 1/4 c tomato sauce and half of the veggie mixture.
4. Add a slice of prosciutto and add another 1/4 cup tomato sauce and the rest of the mixture.
5. Top with 2 eggs and sprinkle with truffle sea salt.
6. Bake at 350F for 8-15 min. You want to bake until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny.
7. Once out of the oven, top with a second slice of prosciutto and fresh basil.
BOOM!! Now, all I need is a glass of champs or a mimosa with The Drifters “This Magic Moment" playing in the background.