Let's talk about cookies for breakfast for a sec! Cookies that are a nutty, satisfying and completely But, not just any ol' cookies. Cookies that are a nutty, satisfying and completely healthy yet a sweet breakfast treat that pairs perfectly well with your coffee. These Pumpkin Spiced Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies are made from oat flour, have the perfect touch of sweetness and a nice, warm nutty flavor.
The key to these healthy cookies is the oat flour. It's really simple to make at home by processing uncooked gluten free oat bran in a blender or coffee grinder. Of course, you can also find it at your local health food store or Whole Foods as well. By using oat instead of traditional flour, we've got a completely gluten free cookie that is high in fiber, protein and B vitamins! Yum!
What You'll Need
1 cup oat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
4-5 packets stevia
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used Olly brand)
2 whole eggs
4 Tbs MCT or coconut oil (melted)
1 tablespoon coconut flakes, unsweetened
2 tablespoons dark mini chocolate chips
What You'll Need To Know
1. Preheat oven to 350° degrees F.
2. Add flour, pumpkin spice, baking powder, protein powder, stevia and salt to a bowl. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, oil, and tahini.
4. Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix until the dough begins to fold. Next, fold in the coconut flakes and chocolate chips.
5. Drop dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. They'll be a little soft when you take them out of the oven but will harden as they cool.
Recipe makes 12 cookies.