Have I mentioned how I can’t bake to save my life? It's true. 🤦🏻♀️ I have a couple of foolproof recipes that I can make and nail it each time. Now, I can say three, if you include this one. So, as you can probably imagine (and maybe even relate) when the baking gods are on my side, and things turn out great, I sort of expect someone to walk in with a medal or trophy. I'm totally kidding, but you know what I mean!
These are downright delicious, and surprisingly, healthy(ish) as far as desserts go. They are also everything free (aka soy-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free) because I'm one of those people and have an intolerance to those ingredients. The secret ingredient that makes these super-duper healthy, packed with protein and fiber? Garbanzo beans! Don't worry... you can't even taste it and wouldn't even know they were in it.
What You'll Need
1 tbsp coconut oil,
2 cups garbanzo beans (or 1 can, rinsed and drained)
1/2 cup sunbutter (I used Wild Friends honey sunflower butter)
2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
8-10 drops stevia
1/4 cup cashew or almond milk, unsweetened
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 scoop vanilla collagen peptides
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (I used Lily's brand), for the mix
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, for melting
fleur de sel
What You'll Need To Know
1. Preheat oven to 350F and coat 8x8 inch pan with coconut cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, add 1 tbsp coconut oil, 2 cups garbanzo beans (or 1 can, rinsed and drained), 1/2 cup sunbutter, 2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1 tablespoon stevia, 1/4 cup cashew or almond milk, 1/8 tsp sea salt, 1 scoop vanilla collagen peptides and process until batter is smoooooooth.
3. Fold in 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips and spread batter evenly in prepared pan. pop in the oven and bake for 20-25 min or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don't want them to dry out.
4. Cool pan for 20 min on wire rack.
5. Melt the dark chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave it, stirring every 15-20 seconds so you don't burn it. Spread it over and sprinkle with fleur de sel. Pop it in the freezer for about 60 seconds until the chocolate is hardened. Cut into squares and enjoy!
Recipe makes 12 servings. Each serving has 125 calories.