Bowled and beautiful! 💕 This Baja Burrito Bowl is much healthier than other bowls out there. I made this delicious recipe for the gr8nola #thegr8cleanse!
Baja Burrito Bowl
Makes 4 servings
What You'll Need
2 cups of quinoa, cooked
2 cups of baby spinach
Red Bell Pepper, sliced
Yellow Bell Pepper, sliced
1 yellow squash, cut in medallions
1/2 purple onion, sliced
1/4 cup purple cabbage, sliced
1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
Cilantro for garnish
4-3 oz chicken breast
Juice of 2 limes
2 tbsp coconut oil
sea salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
Optional: Hot sauce or fresh salsa
What You'll Need To Know
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Add red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, yellow squash and cabbage to a baking sheet and coat with coconut oil. Season with sea salt and pepper and bake for 15-20 minutes.
2. In a 2nd baking sheet, arrange chicken breast and heat oven to 400°F. Spray baking dish with cooking coconut oil spray. Brush both sides of chicken with coconut oil and season with lime juice, sea salt and pepper
3. Bake uncovered 25-35 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink in the center.
4. Cool chicken 10-15 minutes and spread apart.
5. Heat a saucepan with 2 cups dried quinoa and 4 cups water and heat over a medium heat. Once the quinoa starts to boil, reduce to a low heat and cook for 20 minutes and cover with a lid.
In a bowl, add 1/2 cup cooked quinoa roasted veggies, chicken breast, and top with avocado.