Burn and Firm With Jumping Rope
Burn and firm with today's essentials, which look something like this.
I know what you're thinking...
Um, Jumping rope? Isn’t that for boxers — and, um…little girls? Sure it is. But, maybe we all need to unleash our inner Holly Holm or the 3rd grader in us? 😉
Believe it or not, the simple act of jumping rope can do more for you overall than the same time spent jogging. It's easy to do anywhere and improves your foot coordination. Here's what my jump rope workout looks like to burn & firm:
Here's what my jump rope workout looks like to burn & firm:
- 5 minutes double leg jumps: Jump continuously at a steady pace.
- 45 seconds plank: Keep legs engaged the entire time and take deep breaths.
- 2 minutes single leg jumps: Jump continuously on one leg for 30 seconds. Switch to other leg for 30 seconds and repeat one more time.
- 2 minutes double leg jumps: Jump continuously as fast as possible.
- 45 seconds opposite arm/leg extensions: For the arm/leg extensions, come onto your hands and knees with wrists directly under shoulders and knees under hips. Extend your left leg only up to hip height as you simultaneously extend right arm up next to your ear. Come back to center and switch sides, continuing to alternate for 45 seconds.
- Repeat the entire circuit 3x (4 total)
A few things to remember as you are doing this....
- When jumping rope, keep your shoulder blades down and back, chest lifted, jump softly with your core engaged.
- Swing the jump rope with wrists, not arms.
- Stay on the balls of your feet, making sure feet are not pounding on the ground.
Get the tools... If you are looking for a great quality jump rope, I personal love the Kinzi™ Jump Rope and Athletic King Leather Jump Rope (pictured). I also use the GymBoss for setting intervals instead of having to use a stopwatch or keep looking at your Fitbit timer.